Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Olympic Experience

Are you like me? … Every two years, life and business seems to take a dip because of something that is known around the world as:

‘The Olympics’!

J

Sports I normally would never watch, all-of-a-sudden attract my attention. I generally allow myself to really get into the ‘drama’ that ensues that seems to act as a strong magnet pulling me away from other duties. Thank goodness I have at least some discipline!

Did you watch the Olympics this year or perhaps even attend some of the events (I know some of my clients who live in the UK got to)?

I found myself enjoying every event and every sport. There is something about these individuals all being the top in the world that inspires me and makes me actually want to compete even though I am likely older than nearly every single one of them – I do look younger, though. ;)

This year, and of course as I am Canadian, I watched the Olympics on the Canadian station of CTV and the main announcer was and typically is Brian Williams. I have to say, he was what made the Olympics so enjoyable to watch for me. There was little to no hesitation in his questions, he is a true gentleman, honest, kind, seems open-minded, thoughtful, and very positive with everyone he meets. Here is one interview between Brian and Canada's olympic gold medalist in Trampoline Rosie MacLennan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVdYeTTRChE
From CTVNews Youtube Channel
When most people are watching the Olympics or sporting events, I do wonder if we realize how much the people in between make the difference. Imagine, in these London, Britain Olympics there were over 70,000 volunteers that helped to make all of this happen. I salute all of them and Brian Williams and would like to ask you
did you watch the Olympics?

AND if so what is/are your favourite memory(ies)? Be sure to comment below.

Now it’s time to get back to our regularly scheduled programs, duties, chores, responsibilities, and preparing for the next Olympics of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment